An overhead crane is a lifting tool designed to move loads backward, forwards, and on both sides. They are very essential in different industrial settings because they make operations more efficient and quicker. Cranes come in various configurations to provide optimum solutions to varied applications.
Choosing the right single or double girder overhead cranes suppliers can help you choose the right overhead crane for industrial uses. In this article, we have shared some basics about single girder overhead cranes and double girder overhead cranes to help you determine the one to fit your requirements.
Single Girder Overhead Cranes
Single girder overhead cranes are usually used in industries where there is a frequent need for immense metal shifting, and are used for manufacturing and production facilities. Overhead cranes are used for making the process of moving heavy applications quick and easy.
They are a type of lightweight material handling equipment with very little maintenance. Its body is resistant to corrosion, and all the parts can be easily replaced. MIT Hoist, one of the leading single girder overhead cranes suppliers, designs cranes with convenience and safety as our top priority. The cranes available at MIT Hoist are available in standard and custom-built specifications. The load-bearing capability and size can be adjusted to the client’s specific lifting requirements.
Features of single girder overhead cranes:
- It is apt for low to medium duty work employed
- There is the convenience of a radio remote along with a pendant to handle the work
- This crane is useful when applying less effort
- Double-lined rope positioned at a high level to make load lifting smooth and easy
- There are lower and upper hook travel limit switches
- There is a VVF drive for precision in loading
- Cranes have inbuilt modern technology and safety tool which helps in smoother operation
- Low pressure on constructional site
- Cost-effective solution
- Minimal maintenance required
- Durable for low dead load
Double Girder Overhead Cranes
The Double girder overhead cranes are apt for industries where heavy-duty application shifting is a part of their everyday work. It is completely safe to use, has the best possible efficiency, and caters to minimum loss. The cranes combine high speed and high hook for metal, steel, and different other sectors which requires heavy service.
At MIT Hoist, one of the top double girder overhead cranes suppliers, we design double girder overhead cranes strictly according to the classification standard -IS 3177, and are manufactured with designs that are sturdy and long-lasting for managing heavy-duty and can very swiftly load 1-50 tons of loads.
Double girder overhead cranes are extensively used in industries dealing with chemical engineering, shipbuilding, wind power sectors, automotive, rolling mills, and warehouses to name a few.
MIT Hoist’s fully customized double girder overhead cranes are ideal for varied duty cycles for customizable speeds, a larger series of spans, and heights of lift.
Features of double girder overhead cranes:
- It has limit switches to save over hoisting and very bottoms of hook
- The push-button station is very lightweight, easily accessible, simple to operate and designed using aluminum from extruded section
- They are small-scale designed, easy to handle and maintain
- Double girder overhead cranes use the strong barrel-shaped rotor pile varying motors with standard consistent cast aluminum sections.
- Lifting capacity and speed can be adjusted as per the client’s requirements
- The wheels of the double girder crane have an L-type covering which improves the overall performance
- Alloy steel is used in these cranes which makes its body firm and gears are cut with precision
Why Choose MIT Hoist?
MIT Hoist is one of the leading single and double girder overhead cranes suppliers possessing years of experience and expertise in the industry. We have more than 1000+ satisfied clients across the globe.