How power enters the system has a direct impact on how well a crane performs and operates. Each power supply option has specific requirements and parameters that must be taken into account. This could imply that deciding on the best kind of system to use could be challenging. Basically, there are 2 options— crane busbar and energy chains.
Busbar is a Powerful Source of Power for Cranes
Historically, crane busbar has been a common source of power for cranes. However, busbar systems do have some shortcomings. One of the main problems is that busbars require downtime for maintenance as they require frequent inspections. This is not only inconvenient but expensive!
Additionally, the type of energy that conductor bar system can provide is constrained. Each conductor on a busbar system needs its own conductor bar and collector. Extra conductor bars must be mounted on the hanger brackets to add extra conductors if necessary.
There are usually issues with space restrictions, so this is sometimes not a feasible option. This limits busbars usability. Another potential setback for the cable festoon system is should there be a requirement for additional hoses or other cable types. These have to have a separate system. This is important to consider when looking at intelligent plastics; and again, whether the logistics of additional external cables are feasible.
The continued exposure of bare laden conductors to the environment causes additional problems with busbars. Once this is the case, it raises health and safety issues, which many businesses simply cannot have, especially when working in potentially dangerous or explosive areas.
Busbars are not suitable for these conditions and may prove to be an expensive option if dust or debris is present. Corrosion issues, which are probably present in applications located close to saltwater, might be disastrous for the system.
Buying crane busbar from MIT Hoist can help overcome these challenges.
Why Buy Crane Components and Products from MIT Hoist?
At MIT Hoist, we pride ourselves on providing the highest valued services and quality products in the overhead material handling markets by creating mutually profitable and trusting relationships with MIT Hoist clients.
Embedded in MIT Hoist culture are five Core Values: Accountable, Safety Conscious, Positive Collaborative Problem Solvers, Humility and Passionate Customer Service as a guide in every decision that we make.
Our Core Values
- 1. We are always aware of and display the commitment to safety understanding that this is the most effective method to prevent accidents.
- 2. We are devoted to safeguarding the safety and health of our employees, our customers, and the residents of the areas in which we are located.
Self-Driven and Accountable
- 1. We are self-driven, full of energy, and independent in our motivation to do a good job at our work.
- 2. We carefully consider our commitments before fulfilling them. In all things, we do what we say we are going to do except reminders from others to “get it done”.
Positive Collaborative Problem Solver
- 1. Our attitudes are a powerful tool. They may be employed constructively or destructively.
- 2. We will encourage and support “constructive communication” and lively discussion. We cannot encourage bad influences that harm people or the Crane 1 team, and we as employees cannot enable this kind of behaviour to spread to the team.
- 3. It is encouraged for our team members to communicate any difficulties or concerns they may have, and those who do so may also offer potential solutions to help the issue or concern be resolved.
- 1. If we make a mistake, we very own it—we learn from it, and pass forward.
- 2. We apprehend that our success is the collaboration of many crew contributors and we humbly complement our group over our personal private gain.
Passionate Customer Service
- 1. We experience a feeling of urgency on any things associated with our customers.
- 2. We own issues and we are constantly responsive.
- 3. We are both internally and externally customer-driven.
- 4. We always seek client feedback on how we may improve to provide outstanding service, uphold high standards of honesty, and beyond their expectations.